"What war are we in?", you may asking yourself. We not in a war with flesh and blood, but rather a war against the demonic forces that attach us everyday all day long. Many of you are not even aware of the war that's going on and do not see any battles to fight. Many do not realize the enemy attacks us in our thoughts and when we accept the enemy's thoughts and we speak the enemy's words they become our words. Our words are very powerful and can reveal what is truely in our hearts.
My post today was intended to go a different direction than were I'm going today. The Spirit has been tugging at my heart regarding prayer. Are you awakened every morning between 2 and 3 a.m. like I am? I believe the Spirit wakes me at this time because He desires for me to pray and not just pray for myself, but for all the saints that are in the battle against the enemy. He also impressed on me to start a prayer journal again. I still have my prayer journal from October 21, 1994 through September 23, 2001 and I regret that I did not continue writing my daily prayers. I have read though some of my prayers from back then and I realize just how powerful prayer is and especially those prayers I wrote in my journal because I can go back and see those prayers that were answered.
I pray that you will put your powerful battle armor and begin your prayer journal writing tomorrow January 1, 2019. Pray for your personal needs using the Lord's Prayer as your guide. Pray for your family, friends and everyone you can think of. Leave room at the bottom to write down when your prayers were answered. Write the date and how the Lord ansered the prayer.
How can we obey Jesus and the two great commandments He gave to live by?
- To Love God with all your heart, mind and soul is to show His kind of love towards others by praying for them. Seek His will first and He will show you His will for your life. We as believers of Christ Jesus we are called to do His will while we live on this earth. What is your calling? If you do not feel called for any one thing in particular you are called to pay.
- To Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself is to not only pray for your personal needs but also to pray for your neighbors. Who are your neighbors? Every person around you everywhere you go.
- Get out in the morning and walk your neighborhood and pray for the families the live in each house you pass. Pray out loud if possible. You may never know if your prayers made a difference in any of those you pray for until you enter heaven. I believe one we enter heaven we will be greated by all of those that we blessed because you cared enough to pray for them. Prayer in the Name of Jesus is a might weapon against the enemy that is trying to take as many people to hell with him.
- After your walk or workout at the gym go to McDonald's and order coffee. Sit at a table and if you have your prayer journal write your prayers for everyone you see. If you don't have your joural just pray for everyone for every person from the McDonal employees to every customer that walks in and out the door.
- To cold to walk outside? Go to the mall and as you walk the halls pray for everyone your eyes come in contact with.
- This is one that my recent ex-wife did in restaruants: She would ask the waitperson if it would be okay for her to pray for them. None of them ever turned her down. I was so proud of her for doing that.
- War Room - I love this video and the way this saint uses the power of prayer against the unseen enemy
- Did you know that the enemy gives us the desire to sin? Sin easily besets us.
- 2 Peter 2:20 King James Version (KJV) "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning".
- Galatians 5:1 King James Version (KJV) "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."
- Corinthians 10:1-6 King James Version (KJV) "Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you: 2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled."
- Ephesians 6:10-18 King James Version (KJV) 10 Finally, my brethren, (you) be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. 11 (you)Put on the whole armour of God, that (you) ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore (you) take unto you the whole armour of God, that (you) ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 (You) Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, (you) taking the shield of faith, wherewith (you) ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And (you) take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
|Don't Give Up|