Its God objective that we live supernatural lives. This word supernatural is made up of two words, super and natural. Some Christians are too super and some are too natural. Have you heard the saying that some people are so spiritual they are no earthly good and on the same line you don't want to be so natural that you are no spiritual good. The key is balance - balance with more information in both areas.
III John 2 in the Amplified says, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers." Prosper means to excell to the desired way which is every area of your life. It is the will of God for us to be successful in every area of life. The soul is your mind, your will, and your emotions. The scripture says as your soul prospers. Simply put as your mind, your will, and your emotions prosper through getting to know and grow in the word and in the love of God you will be prosperous in every area of llife. If your knowledge is limited then your success is limited. If you soul is starving then you will be starving for success. The decisions you make will be based on the knowledge you already possess. If you sould is getting information fromt he wrong base then your destiny is going to end up on the wrong base. Your successes in life are based on what you understand and know in this soul man.
Where are you getting your information from? Has the Bible become the final authority in your life. If you do you now do not argue with the Bible and what it says but rather you allow the Bible to change the way you think. If you get your knowledge from the newspaper, TV news, and talk shows then you are limited to where you are gaining your knowledge.
James 2:17 Amplified "So also faith, if it does not have works (deeds and actions of obedience to back it up), by itself is destitute of power (inoperative, dead)." If you do not have the word of God you do not have faith. No word no faith - you don't have any faith because you don't have and word. My faith is based solely on the word of God. If I'm in the hospital and you ask me what I believe and I say I believe the the word and I'm basing what I believe from the word scriptures "By His stripes I am healed" that is my faith that is based on the word. But, you have to be careful not to do what some people do. What most folks call faith is not faith at all. Its just high expectations of the wrong information. You have to ba careful not to be believing the wrong thing or you are going to be making wrong decisions and wind up in the wrong place.
The word of God is my final authority - that's what I believe, "By His stripes I am healed" and that what I stand on by faith. Now you can believe but if you don't have any action then everything you believe is paralyzed, why? There is no practical doing that is involved. For Christians we believe a lot of things but we don't activate it with works. No matter how much you believe, and no matter how much you look spiritual none of that stuff you believe is ever going to be seen by anyone, including yourself, unless there is some type of work, some type of operation, some type of action that can provide an avenue for that thing to come to pass. Do something, activate something, make something happen, as to provide a way for it all to come to pass.
Whenever Jesus performed miracles He always told someone to do something. That something we do, when He tells us to do it is the obedience, the works, the action that will bring the desired results - believe and obey.
The laws of managing you life:
- The law of making wise decisions - foolish decisions will always cost you - we are where we are today based on the past decisions we've made
- The law of deligent hard work
- The law of living on a budget
- The law of saving, planning ahead, and anticipating potential setbacks
- The law of listening to the Holy Spirit
- The law of inteligent management that will lead to debt freedom - inteligent use of debt leverage - buy a house and get out of that apartment
- The Law of accumulation - investing in yourself through your 401K at work and other investments
- The Law of consistently giving to God (Tithing) Deuteronomy 8:18 Amplified "But you shall [earnestly] remember the Lord your God, for it is He Who give the power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day." Wealth is no just money, that's only part of it. To get wealth means influence and position in life - Power meand strength - Power is the ability to get results. When you start getting results people start coming to you to draw from your strength and power. The ability to get results come from God. He chooses to use ordinary people like you and me. I've got the power but how do I harness the power? P stands for plan, O stands for origanization, W stands for work, E stands for enthusiasm, and R stands for reward. Proverbs 21:5 Amplifed "The thoughts (plans) of the [steadily] diligent tend only to plenteousness, but everyone who is impatient and hasty hastens onl to want."
- Understand the importance of setting long range and short range goals. Short range goals can be up to a years while long range goals can be five to ten years.
- Write a plan to reach each goal
- Write a specific time table for each plan
- Keep your plan in easy reach
- Regularly check the progress in each area.
Proverbs 13:11 Amplified "Wealth [not earned but] won in haste or unjustly or from the production of things for vain or detrimental use [such riches] will dwindle away, but he who gathers little by little will increase [his riches]."
Please visit my Financial blog at Winning the War on Debt