The Good News is Jesus overcame the world and what that means to us is those of us who are born of God can also overcome the world through faith in Jesus Christ. Did you know every person has a choice whether to overcome the world or to be overcome by the world? The enemy hates people so much his mission in his miserable existence is to steal, kill and destroy us. Jesus came to give us the ability to overcome the world through Him.
We have the choice as to whether we let the cares of this world (Satan's deceptive tool against us) make ineffective for Christ or we can chose to take sides with Jesus and let Him help us overcome the world. Who's side are you on right now? Have you let the cares of this world ruin you life? Did you know that another tool the enemy uses against us is addiction? When we think of addiction we first think of drugs and alcohol. But, there are many addictions the enemy uses against us and I believe they are outlined in 1 John 2:16
For all that in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.
- Would you say that an obese believer is an overcomer?
- Which areas of the world does the obese believer have an addiction?
- cowardly (fearful - Christians who through cowardice give way under persecutions and apostatize)
- unbelieving (doubting) (unfaithful, faithless, (not to be trusted, perfidious)
- abominable (to be disgusted, i.e. (by implication) detest (especially of idolatry)
- sexually immoral (a man who indulges in unlawful sexual intercourse, a fornicator)
- sorcerers (a drug, i.e. spell-giving potion); a druggist ("pharmacist") or poisoner, i.e. (by extension) a magician:—sorcerer. Witchcraft also fits this group)
- idolaters (a. worshipper of false gods, a idolater - used of any one even Christian, participant in any way in the worship of the heathen, esp. one who attends their sacrificial feasts and eats of the remains of offered victims - a covetous man as a worshipper of Mammon (the demonic god of wealth or riches)
- and all liars a- lying, deceitful, false - in my personal opinion I believe those that gossip also fit this group - definition of gossip - casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.
- unsuccessful, unproductive, fruitless, unprofitable, abortive, futile, purposeless, useless, worthless, ineffectual, inefficient, inefficacious, inadequate; feeble, inept, lame, powerless, impotent, incompetent, incapable, unfit, inept, weak, poor, useless, hopeless
The reason I am concerned about the obese is because I am one of those obese people. I have been overweight since I was around eleven or twelve years of age when I became addicted to chocolate milk. At age twelve I became obese and I have been battling my weight ever since then.
On the first of April I have made up my mind that I am no longer be an addicted slave to food. I changed my diet to intermitten fasting along with restricting my foods to high fat and low carbs. I am determine, with the Lord's help to overcome my food addition because I no longer want to feel ineffective for Christ.
If you would like for me to keep you posted on my progress please let me know.