Have you ever noticed how easy it is go give other advise when everything is going right for us and how hard it is to give advise when things are not going very well for us. I've done a lot of thinking about this and I have discovered somethings about how easy it is to give advise. Have you noticed that:
- Skinny people are experts on how fat people should lose weight - especially when they have never been fat.
- People with good jobs and making a nice living are experts on how to get a good paying job - especially when they've never been without an income.
- People with plenty of money feel like experts on money and can tell people with plenty of debt how to manage their money - especially those that have never been poor.
- Ever noticed how easy it is to teach other to have faith when you are not in need nor have ever been in a situation where you will need a miracle to come through a difficult situation.
Lets look at couple of scriptures concerning the way we think of ourselves from the Amplified Bible:
- Romans 12:3 "For by grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance], but to rate his ability with sober judgement, each according the the degree of faith apportioned by God to him.
- Luke 18:9-14 "(9) He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves and were confident that they wer righteous [that they wer upright and in right standing with God] and scorned and maek nothing of all the rest of men: (10) Two men went up into the temple [enclosure] to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. (11) The Pharisee took his stand ostentatiously and began pray thus before and with himself: God, I thank You that I am not like the rest of men - extortioners (robbers), swindlers [unrighteous in heart and life], adulters - or even like this tax collector here. (12) I fast twice a wee;' I give tithes of all that I gain. (13) But the tax collector, [merely] standing at a distance, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but kept striking his breast, saying, O God, be favorable (be gracious, be merciful) to me, the especially wicked sinner that I am! (14) I tell you, this man went down to his home justified (forgiven and made upright and in right standing with God), rather than the other man; for everyone who exalts himself with be humbled, but he who humbles himsel with be exalted."
Its a very humbling experience when you discover prejudice in the work place because of the color of your skin, the color of your hair, the wrinkles in you face, the size of your waist line, and your lack of a degree. Its a very humbling experience when you do get a job offer that's pays less than what your unemployment payments are.
Lord God, forgive my attitude. I thank you for this humbling experience and I now ask you to supernaturally deliver me and open the doors to the career that is in your plan for my life. I lay down my life and give it to you as I can no longer be my own god. I can no longer go my own way, show me your ways Lord. I place my trust in you to deliver me and restore me in your fellowship. I seek you first Lord and I pray that you will let me use my experiences to help others in need. I give you the glory and praise - In Jesus name, Amen.